Today, I talk about the “Please Disease”. This is where you want to please everyone. I do not think that there is a cure for this, but here are some tips in case you suffer from this.
What happens when you try to please everyone:
- Decreases your focus on the right things
- Slows down progress toward your own goals
- ROI can be incorrectly judged
- Sometimes, no one is a winner
- Tendency to burn out
- Creates fragmented thoughts
- May make you besoms disorganized and frustrated
- You may end up disappointing people
What can you do about it:
- Say no more often
- Determine the ROI of the ask
- See if someone else can do it or if the person that is asking can outsource it
- Pick and choose based on your bandwidth and validity of the ask
- You cannot please everyone and if you try, you will end up losing.
Make sure to choose wisely based on what you will get in return. New skill, recognition, value, good vibes.
Go out and help, but know you’re limited.
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Email | TuneIn | RSS